Lovely to see you here...

Lovely to see you here...

Saturday, September 5, 2015

It's so sweet to join in at The Scrap Suite...

I have figured this internet out…finally…lol
Early in the morning it is ready to rock and roll.  Whats the saying "The early bird gets the worm!"  Well here it's the Early bird catches the internet!  Now that being the case I shall be able to get back on track and share with you more often what I am up to with my layouts.

At The Scrap Suite on Facebook you can join in monthly cyber crop challenges & the ladies really come up with some brilliant ideas to challenge & stretch the brain…lol… What I love most about this monthly cyber crop is you have the whole month to do a challenge!! So if life throws you a curve ball you still have the whole month to join in & play along.  Plus there is always a kids challenge for our little ones who take an interest in your stash.
This first layout I wish to share was for the July crop… It was anything goes with a twist - now the twist was using D-Lish Scraps product… D-Lish Scraps you ask, well click on the link & check out the yummy supplies in this store.   
I really had fun with this layout using stamping ink with a template to create the dotted background.  The pink paint I used another dots template but then used a bread & Butter knife to swipe across the page.  Now you see all the embellishment on this page including the chipboard word & corners they are all from the D-Lish Scraps store.  I really like little flowers that are in stock in the store.   


This page for another challenge was using a technique that was on trend… So I grabbed out the gelatos that I don't use very much & used them like crayons on the background, using a paint brush & water I swiped over the top of the gelatos setting them into place.  Those blue dots I used another dot template & texture paste with some blue paint, idea taken from the daughters clothing.  Those gorgeous doilies are from the shop and so are the chipboard words love, fun.  Heidi Swapp arrows & chipboard chose Happy circle.  Plus my journaling which is on this page but this layout is also part of a bigger spread of 6 pages and some Project life too.

 Okay onto the August challenges which by the way are still up and running.  This next layout is a sketch challenge.  
Now I had issues with this layout from the beginning as I couldn't use any patterned paper that I had nor could I use any card stock other than white as nothing worked with this photo, it seemed to make her look really white & stark.  Then I had to figure out what colours to play with to achieve a suitable finish for the photo.  Well okay out came the gelato watermelon colour & gold embossing powder.   I then used gyprok mesh & coloured it black with a StazOn stamp pad.  Black glossy cardstock behind the photo & a hot pink ribbon boarder to match her shirt.  Heidi Swapp words for my heading plus some extra bling.  Worked out better than I imagined & don't I like that for an outcome.

The latest challenge I have completed was blue & green should totally be seen with a colour swatch to use.  Well I dived into hubby's photos from when he was 16 and this is what I came up with.  Mists, inks, texture paste, twine, gyprock mesh getting messy with it & loving the outcome!!!  I usually struggle with doing boys/man layouts but I am getting there thanks to the lovely Beck Beattie and her ideas from Scrappy Chat designs where she has challenged me to embrace my style.  Thanks Beck!

As another day is truly underway, be thankful for the little things as well as the big stuff.
Embrace your style & those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment