Lovely to see you here...

Lovely to see you here...

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sometimes it doesn't work...

Well I have been sick for the past week, started on layouts then couldn't complete because I was just so sick and tired!  I would come out to my table in our lounge room and wistfully look at my unfinished layouts moving one thing or adding something just sitting it on and then usually going back to bed.  I spent one full day on the bed not getting off and where was my mind - on scrapbooking as usual!!!  I think somedays it's all I think about - seeing cars drive past "Oh what a colour combination!" Sad but true.

Well I started with a layout that I was pushing to finish before I got really sick for the Scrapbook Boutique, the challenge - Button, buttons and more buttons - include buttons.  Well considering I am not a person who likes to go over the top this is a lot of buttons on a layout for me!!!

So I used a photo I had previously completed on a page but didn't like the overall effect so I pulled it apart and started again!  Used my Dylusion sprays and added buttons!!!!  I love this better than what it looked like before.

I had almost finished this one but then this was the night I became sick - so it just sat on the table... SFS had this challenge for this month of Blue, Yellow & Black so I came up with this page.  The Water Wheel in Augusta is one unbelievable thing when it was made back in the day.  Spent a few hours here on the beach even though it was getting rather cold.


Finally for SFS I completed this page - the challenge was the quote " Life is better when you're laughing"  I couldn't fit it all in so shortened it to work with my photo.  Plus added even when you are tired.  I have a journalling chipboard tag under the photo with the butterfly dangling from the chain.  


Anyway that is it for me at the moment I am working on a layout as I am typing this but I am not happy with it - one of those pages that just isn't really working - there isn't much I can do about it except move it around and play about... another challenge but based on a sketch this time, may have to throw the sketch out the window and just go for it!

This weekend coming is a long weekend so armed with my camera we are on a 4wd trip up past Perth to see what mischief we can get into and how many times we can get bogged in sand - I hate Sand!!!!!   So I shall sign off for now have a wonderful time no matter what comes.

4 comments:

  1. These LO's are amazing! I think you have the perfect number of buttons and the spattered bg is super funky!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique, and I hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all great LO's Pamela......love the pretty pink with your spray of colour for SBB challenge this month. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Hope you're feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better Pamela! Great to see that LO for SB's button challenge this month - love the sprays on there too - I've been looking at getting some of those myself and wondered how vibrant they were - your LO shows me they give good coverage. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are on the mend Pamela!! Fabulous LOs and I love that you can get inspiration from many sources, you are lucky!! Thanks for joining us this month at Scrapbook Boutique x

    ReplyDelete